An online meeting of the Board of Trustees of FMEI was held on 26 December 2020.
Following members joined the meeting:
· Dr. Manzoor Ahmad, President
· Mr. Nusrat Ali, Vice-President
· Mr. Inam ur Rehman, Secretary
· Mr. Salimullah Khan, Treasurer
· Mr. Abdul Rashid Agwan, Trustee
· Mr. Abdul Salam M, Trustee
· Maulana Tahir Madni, Trustee
· Mr. Syed Tanveer Ahmad, Trustee
· Shams Tabrez, General Secretary
· Mr. Haleem Khan, Vice-President
· Mr. Mujtaba Farooq, Trustee
· Mr. Mohammad Badi uz Zaman, Trustee
· Mr. Mohd Abdur Rakeeb, Trustee
Dr. Manzoor Ahmad, President, FMEI, chaired the meeting.
1. The meeting was initiated with the Tazkeer-e-Qur’an by Maulana Raziul Islam Nadwi, Secretary, Islamic Society, JIH.
2. Shams Tabrez, General Secretary, FMEI, welcomed all the members present and requested them to extend full support and cooperation in fulfilling the aims and objectives of the Federation.
3. Mr. Nusrat Ali, Vice-President, FMEI, in his inaugural speech, highlighted the significance of the role that can be played by FMEI in providing:
i. Professional support to the member institutions to improve their academic and administrative capabilities.
ii. legal/professional support to the member institutions and also to keep them abreast with the latest developments/changes/opportunities vis-a-vis government rules and regulations as also government/non-government schemes and scholarships avenues for the minority institutions.
He also said that the membership of the Federation is open to all Muslim educational institutions irrespective of their Maktab-e-Fikr.
4. Mr. Inam ur Rehman, Secretary, FMEI, apprised the house about the activities of the FMEI in the past years and the latest developments in regards to the process of registration of the Federation as a Trust.
5. General Secretary presented the program envisaged by FMEI for the period January-March 2021 and the proposed plan for the financial year April 2021-March 2022.
6. Mr. Salimullah Khan, Treasurer, FMEI, presented the statement of Income and Expenditure for the current financial year and budget proposals for the next financial year. After which, the floor was opened for the discussion.
7. In the open session following points emerged:
Mr. Abdul Rashid Agwan suggested two more activities to be included in the FMEI proposed plan.
Ø To inform general public about educational rights and also guide as how to use those rights.
Ø To share the ways of attainment of the educational funds offered by the government.
Mr. Abdus Salam Walam said that FMEI should try to establish new educational institutions and autonomous colleges with the help of Human Welfare Foundation.
Maulana Tahir Madni recommended following points:
Ø FMEI should create awareness about the NEP-2020 through folder/pamphlet distribution in different languages.
Ø FMEI should try to solve the problems faced by Madrasa teachers in approval.
Ø Make efforts for uniformity in curriculum of Madrasa.
Ø Evolve a mechanism of training for schools and madrasas staff and administration.
8. After due discussion and deliberation, the house approved the program for the months of January-March 2021 and also the statement of Income and Expenditure for the financial year April 2020- March 2021.
9. The house approved the appointment of Mr. Karar Hussain, CA, as the auditor.
10. The house also approved that Bank Account may be opened in a scheduled bank with three officials as signatories.
11. Based on the general consensus, it was decided to hold a meeting in the month of March 2021 to discuss the program and budget for the next financial year.
12. Mr. Manzoor Ahmad (President, FMEI) conveyed following points in his presidential speech:
Ø FMEI should guide and help in certification of Madrasas and recognition by Universities’ academic council.
Ø JMI, AMU can establish their autonomous college. FMEI should try the establishment of autonomous college of JMI, AMU, National Universities, etc.
Ø FMEI should be autonomous.
13. The meeting ended with the vote of thanks proposed by Mr. Salimullah Khan.